Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz.
Prince Salman Center for Disability Research, in collaboration with:
- King Abdul Aziz City for Science and Technology.
- King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center.
- Sultan Bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud Foundation.
- Disabled Children's Association.
- Ministry of Social Affairs.
- Ministry of Health.
- Ministry of Higher Education.
- Ministry of Education.
- King Saud University.
Time and venue
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
25-27 Tho al-Hijjah 1435 H (corresponding to 19 to October 21, 2014 AD)
for attending the conference will open in July 2014.
Arabic, English, Saudi sign language, and international sign language.
Under the patronage of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King
Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, Prince Salman Center for Disability
Research is organizing, in collaboration and cooperation with a
number of governmental authorities, the "4th International
Conference on Disability & Rehabilitation" from Sunday the 25th of
Zul Hijjah, 1435 H to Tuesday the 27th of Zul Hijjah, 1435 H
(corresponding to 19th to 21st of October, 2014 AD).
- Reviewing the present situation of scientific research in the field of disability and rehabilitation, locally, regionally and internationally.
- Exploring the future of scientific research in the field of disability and rehabilitation, locally, regionally and internationally.
- Consolidating and activating the scientific research culture in the fields of precaution, care and rehabilitation.
- Inculcating the concept of partnerships and collaboration locally, regionally and internationally.
Main Fields "The Themes"
The current reality of disability and rehabilitation imposes on the conference many
themes and challenges that directly benefit the disabled and raises the scientific and
practical level for the workers in that field:
- Medical field.
- Educational field.
- Social and psychological field.
- Cultural and informational field.
- Field of training, rehabilitating and employing the persons with disabilities.
- Field of legislations/and rights of persons with disabilities.
Participation in this conference will be through, lectures, research
paper and working papers. workshops will be held by a group of scientists, researchers, academics, and experts in the field of scientific research, concerning disability prevention, care, and rehabilitation.
- Scientists, researchers, and specialists in disability and rehabilitation.
Academics, students of medical colleges, departments of Special Education,
Engineering, Computer Science, physiotherapists, occupational therapists,
psychology, speech, language-hearing, sciences rehabilitation techniques and
hardware support to colleges and universities.
- Persons with disabilities, and their families.
- Service providers for people with disabilities, and those working in various areas of disability.
Supporters and backers, and who are interested in disability issues.
- Engineers, architects, project managers, ministries and secretariats and relevant bodies.
Activities and events accompanying the conference
- Honoring and presenting Prince Salman award for Disability Research to the winners.
- Workshops and roundtable meetings.
- Exhibition for specialized books, hardware and modern techniques.
- Social activities and tourism.
- Agreements and partnerships.